Beginning connection to Marji
In the beginning of The Complete Persepolis Ci was able to make a major life connection to Marji. She was the youngest in her home, being left out on the truths behind what goes on. Not able to understand why grown people do what they do or act the way they act. Not able to understand why certain family members has been gone for as long as they have been gone. I can relate to feeling left out because in my home I'm used to my parents doing things that i do not understand. As Marji was feeling left out when her parents would go to the demonstrations without her. Also i can relate to not knowing much so having to put everything you hear in everyday world together and figure out what you truly believe on your own. "I realized then that i didn't know anything. I read all the books i could." Having to find her own way to figure everything and understand everything that her parents have yet to explained to her. When you know there is a revolution going on ,but to young too understand why. Own begin to be faced with the opinions of different family members, and the teachers in school teaching you one thing, but parents telling you another. How do you separate whats true and whats not?
How do you determine what to believe? Also when you are young you are very gullible, quick to go off of the first thing you hear and be the first thing you see. Marji early on found herself wanting to be a prophet because that is what was looked up upon I see people everyday wanting to be what someone is not able to paint a picture for them selves who they want to be. I feel you should not always follow but paint your own picture and find your own way. Mari seems like she began to have an idea of this when she says in chapter 19 "I will always be true to myself." How do you not let everyones opinions cloud your own judgement or is it even possible?
the beginning of the book was the most interesting part to me and I think you have to just stick to what you believe in and not let anyone else opinion or thought of somthign change how you thing so I think people should just think for themselves and not let other people do it for them
ReplyDelete